Dear Chorus Parents and Students,
We have some important concerts coming soon, here’s the information you need to know! As always, more information is available at WESTCHORUS.COM
- 3/3 at Wayne County Community College, all current chorus students grades 6, 7, 8. FREE! 6pm
- 3/4 Concert with band for students during school day. Wear uniform to school. All singers, 6,7,8.
- 3/7 at Dexter High School, all 7th and 8th graders (no 6th graders). FREE!
THE UNIFORM (For 3/3, 3/4, & 3/7):
- Black shoes, black socks, black dress/school uniform pants (No jeans). Chorus polo shirt tucked into pants. Deodorant, but no cologne or perfume. Uniform examples at WESTCHORUS.COM
MONDAY, MARCH 2:
- Our accompanist, Mrs. Tracey King, will be rehearsing with our choirs during the school day.
TUESDAY, MARCH 3:
- Students must arrive IN UNIFORM at Wayne County Community College Prechter Educational and Performing Arts Center by 5:15pm. 21000 Northline Rd. Taylor, MI 48180 (see back)
- Drop students off at the loading dock doors. Staff members will greet and sign in students.
- Parents drive around to the auditorium parking lot to park your vehicle.
- A room will be provided for singer coats and other items.
- The concert begins promptly at 6pm and is free for all. A 50/50 drawing will be held.
- The concert will end at about 7:15pm. A DVD will be available for $10, as usual.
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 4:
- Students need to wear their uniform to school for our performance. If they are also in band, they may wear either their band or chorus uniform.
- We will perform 2 shortened concerts with the band, each 45 minutes long, one for 5th and 6th graders, the other for 7th and 8th graders.
- Parents can come to this show but must check in at the main office. We will not sing every song from our 3/4 evening performance, however.
SATURDAY, MARCH 7:
- District Choral Festival at Dexter MS. Leave West at 6:45am by bus, return by 1:00pm.
- More detailed information coming on Thursday, 3/6.
- This is a grade, and required attendance for any 7th or 8th grader who plans to attend Cedar Point.
TODAY. RIGHT NOW: Practice your music at WESTCHORUS.COM
Directions for drop off at Wayne County Community College Downriver
- Students should be dropped off at the loading dock door by the call time, 5:15.
- See the picture below for the location of the loading dock.
- Parents should then drive to the other side of the auditorium and enter the auditorium from the audience side.
- The show is free, but a 50/50 drawing will take place.
- Thanks for encouraging students to make good choices as we are guests in this beautiful facility.
21000 Northline Rd. Taylor, MI 48180