Practice solo and ensemble music and print the participation form at the home practice page.
What: Solo and Ensemble Festival, an OPTIONAL event for 8th grade chorus students.
When: Saturday, February 9th, 2019
Were: Monroe Middle School, 503 Washington St, Monroe, MI 48161
How Much: $25 accompanist fee (the Choir pays $25 more plus $15 entry fee) CASH ONLY
Money Due: Friday, December 7th. You MAY USE FUNDRAISER PROFIT.
• Students who participate in Solo and Ensemble festival will learn 2 songs of contrasting style from a selected list of art songs, spirituals, and folk songs.
• Mr. Martin will help students choose the music and supply music for the event. Students will practice before and after school with Mr. Martin in order to memorize their songs, and will be provided with a CD for practice at home.
• Students will meet with an accompanist the week before the festival, to perform with piano accompaniment.
• On the day of the festival, students will perform both songs with their accompanist for a veteran voice teacher who will offer suggestions and coaching on vocal technique and performance practice.
• Parents must provide transportation to and from the performance site in Monroe on the day of the festival. A bus maybe available to bring you from West, depending on your event time.
• Rehearsals will be held occasionally on either Tuesday or Thursday, 3-4:15p. Bussing is available.